Introduction to getting to know me better

 Welcome to my vlog where you'll get more insight into the type of person I am. My fears, my goals in life, my achievements and more.

My friends say I am a selfless, hard work working person who always puts peoples needs before my own and its true, I do intend to do this but not always. I move to the feeling fo leadership and love taking charge of project work, organising events with friends and organising fun things to do to see the look on my friends faces. I am the type of person who doesnt as for much, a simple thank you makes my day! 

In secondary school, I was a different person to who I am now. I was the quite one and shy to speak out, that included being around my friend group. I never spoke up and expressed my own opinions. I always had negative thoughts and overthought everything. I can now say that was DRAINING. I thougt everyone in school had a negative opinion of me but really it was all in my own head. My mental health was harmed due to this and had me in a bad place for a little while. After my secondary school 6th year experience and reaching first year of college I changed as a person for the better. Everything that happens in life, happens for a reason. I have a new mindset on life and its a good one. Life your OWN life because at the end of the day you are the only person living it and no one else. If you do something good people will talk about you and if you do something bad people will still talk about you so do what you want to do because you never know when it might be the day of it. It's a deep thing to say, I know but Life is deep. I believe, what happens in your life happens for a reason and if you battle through and come out on top , you are the winner. No one said life is easy and everyday is a good day. We are humans and every curve ball will get thrown at us for better or for worse. It's what you make of yor life. I have such strong opinions now, im lively, bubbly and happy. All feelings I enjoy feeling and thats what matters. Do what makes you happy!

College has done the world of good for me and even though it was online last year due to covid its still all the other elemenst that come with it. For me it was, moving up to dublin and meeting new people each day, getting new friends (friends for life), experincing dublin life, more independency living and having to feed for yourself. Made me a strong independent women. Now , being in college and finally getting to experincing what my older cousins and family say- College is the best years of your life and i couldn't be happier to be getting a chance to live through it all now. 


                                    Cheers to living you best life the way you choose to live it 

                                                                  (Image taken by me)

Comments

  1. Nice intro short, sweet and to the point

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sophie,
    I love this intro. I completely agree with literally everything you said. I've had similar experiences in secondary school and have also found myself in leaving school. It can be so toxic sometimes!! It is great to hear that you've come out the other side and that you now have a positive mindset on life. Looking forward to seeing you around campus, Best of luck this year.
    Philippa :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sophie,
    I liked your introduction post, I too was the quiet and too afraid to speak out kid in the classroom but unlike you I have not been able to change my mindset just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sophie, its really good to see that college is really helping you come out of your shell. I also feel the same way, I wasn't too out there when I was in secondary school and I just felt quite out of place but I'm starting to feel more comfortable now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sophie, I love how motivational and deep this intro post is. I completely agree with what you're saying especially about life and how you should live it the way that you want to, it's great to see you're enjoying college so far; it's definitely a much better experience than secondary school was for me as well. This was a fun and enjoyable blog post to read. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reading

Publishing task 2