Reading

 What is a game, anyway?

I have decided to write notes as I'm reading through it because if not I will forget key information that I wanted to say in my blog for this piece. 

In the gaming world, there are a lot of people who are very passionate about gaming and therefore have strong opinions. some people live to game, they do it for fun, in their spare time and have a job in this department. As I said, some people live to game. So, when Irene says that some people disagree with her definition of gaming. I understand that because it's an open field so everyone is entitled to their own opinions. 

I played the game three to fifteen. It's a simple game and a very well-known game.

One of my favorite games to play is GTA (Grand Auto Theft) on the Xbox. The majority of the game definitions listed are accounted for in GTA. Ends and means, separate, unproductive, and make-believe which GTA very much is. I agree that many games are created using the same structure, they could be completely different from each other but the structures are all very very similar. For example, rules, goals, challenges, levels etc. 

From reading through this piece of writing I am also learning things that I never knew before or that I never thought about. I feel creating a game can be anything you want it to be, it's like writing a book where you can express yourself freely and have no limits. It's the same with creating a game, you can express yourself with no limits and rules because YOU create the rules. A game can tell a story, a play or anything you want. 


Comments

  1. Hi Sophie,
    Good post! I agree with you that a lot of games come from the same basic idea as other games but changed along the way as the game is in its development process and when finished it will almost look nothing like what the original idea was which is some cases might be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophie,
    Interesting read. You are correct though, a lot of games are just a copy and paste format of one another but what matters the most is the originality with the story that pulls people in. I love your optimism and mind set for game creation and how it is your world to do with as you please. that will get you far in this field so long as you remain passionate about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sophie,
    And I am going to week 9 I am finding the reading tasks quite helpful as it helps with the right optimistic mindset for creating again and he had to remain passionate thing when I thought we had to create a game I thought it was going to be about a PS4 or or an Xbox so I got scared and I didn't stay motivated

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sophie, This was a good read, and it's just so crazy to define what a game actually is, because, let's be honest, there really is no proper definition for it. The definition is different for everyone, in my opinion, the same way a game can be anything that you want it to be, as you said in this post and gaming is very much opinion based and varies between people. I enjoyed reading this post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to getting to know me better

Publishing task 2