Publishing task 3

                                      About my Final website 



Plugins 

I added a total of 5 plugins to my website. I didn't do this manually. I got help from WPthemedirector and I worked with some of my peers to collect plugins for our websites. 

The plugins I used:

Appointment hour booking-  this plugin is for creating booking forms for appointments with a start time and a defined duration. I used this because it suited my website and parents could book their kids for swim lessons through this structure.

2 Modula- Modula is the most powerful, user-friendly WordPress gallery plugin. I used this plugin because I thought the images I wanted in my website would be laid out neath and look great by using Modula.

3 Smart slider 3- The perfect all-in-one responsive slider solution for WordPress. This plugin was perfect for me because it allowed me to add in all my advertisements into one slide and customers can see all of them in place with just the click of a button.

 The event calendar- The event calendar is a carefully crafted extensible plugin that lets you easily share your events. I thought this plugin was ideal for my website because I could add events for all customers to view.

5 Customer Review- Within this section, I can hear from parents about their experience with my website and get feedback from them.



Code snippets 

I used a total of 5 code snippets. I found these to be very handy using while making my website.

1 Disable the admin bar 

2 Avoid scam comments- On my website, I have a section for comments. With this snippet, I can avoid reading through scam comments. 

3 Minimum comment length- By using this it forces customers to leave comments but to a certain length. 

4 Redirect to specific page-Once customers have viewed a page or filled out the form, once they submit they will easily be directed back to the home page

Make uploaded files lowercase- Make sure that the images and file uploads have lowercase filenames. This was a simple and easy snippet to use but handy.

  

Theme

The theme for my website was based on the swimming business that I run. I would love to in a few years create a website for it so I thought doing this sample website on my business would give me an idea of what I'd like to include in it and what I wouldn't after trialing it. 




UX features


UX features that I have included in my website are easy to access the home page with a click of a button, A dark background to make my text and images stand out, images, and a navigation bar.


Problems
I didn't realize I had a problem until I was connecting my domain and checking over my file. Within making this website, I had a big problem with my files. I downloaded the WordPress file and put it into my folder. I know this because I and a few peers did it together. When I went to check my laragon after making my website, my WordPress folder wasn't there. I tried to trace back my steps but I had no luck. I then tried to start from scratch and download a new folder but when doing that I knew there would be a chance that I wouldn't be able to get back into my website already created. I took a step back and decided to leave it. I know marks will b lost due to this and it frustrates me so much because I  tried really hard with this assignment and I let myself down and I am gutted. I don't know where my file structure went wrong.


Domain

I used Ifast to buy my domain for my website 





 Folders


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to getting to know me better

Reading

Publishing task 2